This series of workplace warm up videos was designed for the industrial and manufacturing environment, where workers are completing physical labour tasks that may involve lifting, carrying, bending and reaching through the workday. The videos will take your employees through a 5-7 minute movement practice. We suggest your workforce complete this warm up at the start of the work-shift for 5 reasons:
1. Warm up the muscles and increase circulation to help prevent injuries
2. Creates a transitional period from personal life to the work place - a clear head can focus easier on the tasks at hand!
3. Creates a mind-body connection while the worker consciously practices perfect movement patterns that are similar to those required on the job. Perfect practice creates a body that moves well, and is less likely to be injured on the job!
4. Movements are modelled in optimal posture, so workers following the videos create a mind - body neural map of perfect movement practice, that should overlap to perfect movements in work.
5. Practicing good posture and breathing helps to imprint both into everyday life, for better health, better function and a better body!
As the workers progress, the next video in the series can be introduced every 3-6 weeks.
By completing a daily movement practice, workers become more aware of their bodies, their posture and general movements and techniques. This correlates to easier task completion, better focus on productivity and quality when they aren't distracted with aches and pains from awkward movements done repeatedly, and it lower risk of injuries due to bad habits or techniques.